I am once again participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge for the month of March. This is the fourth year I have joined the community of writers over at Two Writing Teachers in taking up this challenge of writing for 31 consecutive days. I know it will be hard work but the growth will be immeasurable. Follow along!
On Sunday, Christie Wyman wrote an open invitation to Slicers to attend a #HappyParty. This invite was such a coincidence because this past weekend I was fortunate to get away to Sunny warm Florida for a wedding. All of my kids and some of my grandchildren were there with me so I was in my happy place all weekend long! And knew I’d write at least one post highlighting our family time. Here are a few highlights of the weekend, which may later be expanded upon, deserving their own slice.
- Waking up to the sounds of happy toddlers
- Laughing with my children
- Celebrating the wedding of my beautiful niece and new nephew-in-law
- Being surrounded by a large, loving, and supportive extended family
- Basking in 85 degree sunshine for a few days while the snow fell at home
- Exploring Disney with two of my grandchildren for their first time
Wow! My jammed packed weekend certainly left me with lots to be thankful for, making it easy to accept the invitation to a #HappyParty!